Sunday 12 August 2012

Wardrobe


Method and order.

I'm afraid that I'm not very good at it, but sometimes I manage to form some sort of organisational habit and that's what's happened here.

Top left, ties and shirts for the office.

Bottom left, uniform shirts - daily wear when not at the office, and occasionally when I am if there's manual labour to be done.

Bottom right:  dress shirts, dinner shirts and tunic shirts.

The rest I suppose are "other", pretty shirts for occasions, odd ones, dressing up ones, and simply ordinary ones that occasionally get selected for work.

The method is: clean laundry gets put away on the left-hand end of a rail.  Shirts are selected, and this applies most to office wear, from the right.  I may just take the next available or I may pass over one or several for a variety of reasons.  That results in unfavoured shirts accumulating to the right-hand end of the rail and from time to time it dawns on me that I should put them back amongst the "others".

It is perhaps a little perverse to have a lot of shirts and only regularly use a small sub-set.  But it works for me because one of the aims is that in going out I'm never quite in the same outfit twice.

Oh, it hardly needs to be said but with a few oddities marked terylene or polyester by far the majority are nylon and all are synthetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment